Image sources: Lucy Mason Instagram Page
What’s on your April play-list?! Could it be the beautifully chilled track from The Weeknd, another musical gem or a secret guilty pleasure (yes, we too like Harry Style’s ‘Sign Of The Times’, but shh, it’s a secret). One of our current favourites has to be Lucy Mason’s amazing new EP ‘Going Home Broke’. It has everything one looks for in a great track: beautiful lyrics – poetical, yet so relatable, tranquillising music and Lucy’s ethereal vocals.
Lucy is a Sydney-born dream-pop singer song-writer, who has swapped the laid-back beauty of land-down-under for bustling creativity of London 5 years ago. Her debut single was released last year through Amazing Radio and BBC Introducing. The follow-up single ‘Feels Like Midnight’ has inspired the music world and earned Lucy a well-deserved spot on the up-and-coming-stars list.
We have caught-up up with Lucy to talk music, inspirations and, of course, jewellery.
– Could you please tell us a little bit about yourself and why you have decided to move from Australia to London?
– I’ve always been inspired by British musicians and all the amazing music that comes out of London and so I just wanted to be around it all the time! It seemed like a bit of an adventure and it really was one of the best decisions I’ve made!
– How long have you been writing music and what inspires you?
– I’ve been writing properly since I was about 19! I wanted to write a lot earlier on but I never knew where to start. I’m always surprised by what inspires me but it’s always wrapped up in everyday life. People, stories, emotions & movies always get my heart and mind working.
– What has been your most memorable gig to date and why?
– Performing my song ‘Hunger’ at Buckingham Palace for The Queen! Why? because it’s The Queen and she’s just amazing!
– We love your new EP ‘Going Home Broke’ and can’t wait to hear more amazing releases. What has influenced this piece?
– ‘Going Home Broke’ is a bit of a ‘starting again’ record for me. I wanted to make something really honest and real. It was influenced by the last few years of living in London and everything in between!
– Could you please describe your personal style?
– Classic & simple. I love blue jeans, white t-shirts and leather jackets.
– What jewellery do you wear the most: would it be rings, earrings, bracelets or necklaces?
– Definitely earrings! They make a whole outfit.
– What is your favourite piece from the current Ottoman Hands collection?
– Small orange crystal hoop earrings! I absolutely love them. I’ve been wearing them for all my live shows!
– And finally, what have you got planned for the summer, are you planning to perform or attend any festivals?
– I’ll be releasing new music over the summer and hopefully getting along to some festivals!