Terms & Conditions
Terms and conditions for Ottoman Hands Ltd.
7 Whitechapel Road
London, E1 1DU, UK
Ottoman Hands is our registered trading name. For the purpose of these terms and conditions of the use of our website Ottoman Hands means ottomanhands.com
These terms and conditions govern your use of our site and purchase of goods from this site. By continuing to access ottomanhands.com you are deemed to be accepting and consenting to the practices described in the terms and conditions, which may be updated by us from time to time. A regular visit to this page will ensure awareness of any future changes. Your continued use of this site following such change shall signify your agreement to be bound by the modified terms and conditions.
Terms of sale
By placing an order you are offering to purchase a product and subject to the following terms and conditions. All orders are subject to availability and confirmation of the order placed.
No contract will exist between you and Ottoman Hands for the sale of any product unless and until we have accepted your order and the payment has been collected on our behalf by secure payment gateway providers. That acceptance will be deemed complete and will be deemed, for all purposes, to have been effectively communicated to you through order confirmation notification sent to you via email. Our acceptance of your order brings into existence a legally binding contract between us. Only adults (persons aged 18 and over) are entitled to enter into legally binding contracts.
These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law. You and Ottoman Hands irrevocably submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Pricing and payment
The prices payable for the products ordered are as set out on our ottomanhands.com. All prices shown on the website are inclusive of VAT.
Discounts and promotional codes
- only one promo code can be used against an order at any one time;
- a discount code cannot be applied to an order after that order has been placed, unless otherwise agreed with our customer service team;
- certain collection or product category exclusions may apply. We will let you know if you can not use your promotional code on anything before you complete your purchase;
- promotional codes cannot be applied to any sale or outlet items, unless otherwise stated;
- if the promotional code code has expired, you will not be able use it;
- we are afraid we cannot accept any responsibility once we have given you a promotional code and we are not obliged to provide you with a replacement if the promotional code gets lost and/or gets used by someone else, as this will result in the discount code being invalidated;
- if a promotional code offered on ottomanhands.com cannot run properly because of tampering, technical errors or anything else that is beyond our control, which affects the running, administration, security or fairness of the promotional code, we reserve the right to cancel, modify or suspend the discount code.
- promotional codes are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash or used for Ottoman Hands products sold anywhere else. If you receive a discount code, it can only be used by you on your own account on ottomanhands.com for the purpose for which it was issued;
- we reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time.
Products purchased from ottomanhands.com may be returned within 28 days of the receipt of the order. Earrings or any other pierced jewellery can not be returned for reasons pertaining to hygiene. This does not affect your statutory rights. For more details please visit Delivery & Returns section.
The entire content of the website, including all jewelry designs, copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property it contains, including the use of the name Ottoman Hands is the sole property of Ottoman Hands.
Access to this website is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the services without notice. We make no warranty that this site will meet your requirements or will be uninterrupted, timely or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the materials.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
These terms and conditions set out the entire agreement between you and Ottoman Hands in respect of the sale, purchase and use of the goods. They supersede any previous agreement or understanding in relation to the subject matter hereof. No variation of these terms and conditions are binding for us unless agreed by us in writing.
Prices shown are in UK Pounds Sterling and are inclusive of UK Value Added Tax (VAT) of 20%.
Products delivered to some destinations, mainly outside the UK, may be subject to taxes, fees, levies or other charges, which are imposed by local legislation. The recipient of the products is responsible for all customs charges for the export and import, and will be required to pay any additional charges, including import duty, formal customs entry, taxes, levies and other charges. The recipient of the goods, not the person who’s ordered them, will receive a separate request for payment of these charges.
From time to time, we run competitions or giveaways on our digital channels. Entry/claim instructions are deemed to form part of the terms and conditions and by participating all claimants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the terms and conditions.
1. The Promoter: Ottoman Hands, Unit 403, E1 Studios, 7 Whitechapel Road, London, E1 1DU, UK
2. The Supplier: Please see each individual promotion for details of the prize supplier.
3. Eligibility: This prize promotion is open to UK and International residents (unless otherwise specified) aged 18 years or over, excluding employees and their immediate families (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent and/or “step” family), of The Promoter, associated agents or anyone professionally connected with the prize promotion.
4. Promotional Period: Please see each individual promotion for its prize pool.
5. Entry Instructions: Please see the individual prize promotion for entry details.
6. Only one entry per person per prize promotion unless otherwise stated in the individual promotion. All additional entries will be disqualified.
7. Any entries that the Promoter consider (in our absolute discretion) to be dangerous, vulgar, offensive, indecent, illegal racist, copied, offensive, cruel or fraudulent, or infringe on the rights or copyright of others will be immediately disqualified.
8. No third party or bulk entries. If it becomes apparent that either a participant or household is using any means to circumvent this condition such as, and without limitation, multiple email accounts, multiple reproduced or computer-generated entries, using multiple identities, fraudulently falsifying data, acting fraudulently or dishonestly in the opinion of the promoter or otherwise acting in violation of these terms, these participants will be disqualified, and any prize entitlement will be void.
Incomplete, illegible, misdirected or late entries will not be accepted. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of delivery or receipt. No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are incomplete, lost due to technical reasons, corrupted, delayed, wrongly delivered, or not received for whatsoever reason.
9. Prize Fund: Please see each individual promotion for its prize pool.
10. Winner Selection: Prize draw winner (s)will be randomly selected by a computerised random generator from all entries. Skills based entries shall be judged based on the judging criteria, set out in the promotion, by a panel which shall include one judge independent to the Promoter.
11. Winner Notification: The winners will be notified by email or via direct message via the account provided at point of entry within 14 days of the closing date. Please be mindful that fraudsters impersonating our company might contact you regarding a competition, we would only contact you via our verified channels and we cannot be held responsible for any fraudsters impersonating Ottoman Hands on social media.
12. It is the responsibility of the entrant to provide correct, up-to-date details when entering the prize promotion and acceptance of the prize. The Promoter cannot be held responsible for winners failing to supply accurate information which affects prize acceptance or delivery of their prize.
13. General: Promoter’s decision is final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into. Entry implies acceptance of these terms and conditions.
14. Prizes must be accepted as offered by the named winner. There is no cash or alternative prizes, in whole or part. The prizes are not transferable and cannot be resold.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value should circumstances outside its control make this necessary.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to verify winners and ask for proof of identity, age and address and to withdraw prize entitlement where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions.
17. You agree that if you are a winner, you will take part in and co-operate fully with reasonable publicity and to the use of your name, photograph and any comments in such publicity without any fee being payable.
18. By entering the Promotion, each entrant grants the Promoter a world-wide, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty free and sub-licensable right and licence to use reproduce, modify, adapt, publish or display (in whole or in part) any intellectual property contained in the content of their entry, without royalty, payment or other compensation. Each Entrant agrees not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use and warrants that they have full authority to grant such rights.
19. We are not responsible for any international custom fees and duties that may apply to a winner's prize delivery.
20. The Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to eliminate or disqualify any entries or entrants that it regards as being in breach of these terms and conditions or the spirit of the Promotion. Those who try to circumvent the entry process and/or entry instructions by any method, will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
21. Entry into the Promotion is at the entrant’s sole risk. To the extent permitted by law, neither the Promoter nor Supplier accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury, costs, expenses or claims (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) suffered by entrants or any third parties arising out of or in connection with the Promotion and/or accepting a prize. The Promoter and Supplier further disclaim liability for any injury or damage to entrants or any other person relating to or resulting from participation with this Promotion save that nothing in these terms and conditions shall act to limit or exclude the Promoter and Supplier’s liability resulting from its negligence or fraud.
22. If for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons (including but not limited to tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion), the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any written directions given under applicable law) to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion.
23. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which are beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
24. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for system errors or other issues that may result in disruption to, lost, delayed or not received entries, winner notifications or prizes. The Promoter, the Supplier or its agencies will not be responsible for the non-inclusion of entries as a result of technical failures or otherwise, including any such failure which is within the control of The Promoter or its agencies.
25. Where a prize is provided by a Supplier, the Promoter accepts no responsibility for inaccuracy of any prize description, and The Supplier is responsible for prize fulfilment.
26. If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
27. The Promoter and the Supplier reserve the right to cancel, amend, withdraw, terminate or temporarily suspend this promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances or technical reason outside its reasonable control, with no liability to any entrants or third parties but will use all reasonable endeavours to avoid consumer disappointment.
28. The decisions of the Promoter are final and binding in all matters relating to the Promotion and no correspondence will be entered into.
29. The Promotion and these terms and conditions, and any disputes arising therefrom, shall be subject to English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh Courts.
30. Data Protection: Any personal information that entrants share with the Promoter will be kept secure and only used in line with these terms and conditions unless the entrant has opted in to future marketing from the Promoter and/or the Supplier. By entering the promotion, entrants agree that their information may be used by the Promoter to administer the promotion and winners consent to give their name and county for the winners’ list.